(LSD) Lysergic Acid Diethylamide

LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) is an extremely potent and incredibly unpredictable hallucinogen.  It is based on a chemical that is found in a fungus that grows on grains and rye. LSD is commonly referred to as “acid” and can be sold in liquid, pill, or paper form. LSD is not able to be detected on drug tests, and is also colorless, odorless, and very hard to identify in liquid form.  Although the levels reported during the 1960s were far advanced than the levels obtained from illicit sources from the present day drug world, LSD is still a dangerous drug that has severe side effects.

LSD is a very scary drug because of how unpredictable it is. 30-90 minutes after ingestion the user starts to hallucinate and seems to interpret and confuse what is reality and what isn’t. Because of the rapidly changing pace of the drug, users often experience “bad trips”, which is when the user slips into a line of dark thinking or feels frightened by their experiences on the drug.

LSD has an extremely high rate of activity. LSD can last anywhere from 8-32 hours depending on the amount taken. Symptoms begin to clear after 12 hours but the withdrawal symptoms are very predominant. Symptoms of withdrawal include: confusion, flashbacks, headaches, panic attacks, insomnia, and other psychological effects.

LSD is not known to become addictive like many other common drugs, but the user can develop a psychological addiction to the drug. Users can build up a tolerance to the drug and end up having to ingestmore to feel the same effects they did the first time they took it. If you or a loved one is struggling with the effects of LSD in life, don’t be afraid to contact us at 888-342-1456.